Saturday, January 12, 2013

To Honor and Obey....our Parents







My dear friends,

Upon reading posts from others, we seem to be in the generation that has aging parents. Some with illnesses, some who are dying and some who have rested in peace. I too can receive a phone call at any given time with my mother. I just wanted to reach out and say, our parents generation that brought us into this world and taught us all that we know is the last of their kind. A gener...ation that has seen and done more for us and America than we can ever imagine. I can't imagine their fear of their children not reaping what they had sowed into America as they knew it could give us. Freedoms. My only thoughts are of our own children today. I struggle to think now too, that they will never have the story book childhood as we had. The simple life. The chores, eating at the dinner table, playing jump rope, earning and learning what we put into, a college degree that puts them in a prospective work place, buying their first home, getting married and doing the cycle all over again with their children. What I do know, is what I can do in my own world. And that is to honor my parents by teaching my children the same values, dreams, aspirations and determination to will them into a world that may or may not heed to the same values. For we don't know or never have been in a situation where the kind of survival deals with the survival from our own government and or country. The freedoms that are being suppressed or will be taken. Laws that should still apply but are outdated simply because we can't see eye to eye. But that's what's ironic. If we were raised on the same moral principles of our great parents generation, then where did we go wrong? Is it really because we lack the spiritual need of having God in our hearts? In all that we do and utter from our mouths? Some people are sick of hearing about religion or lack there of, as the cause of our situation. But it's not religion. It's what's in our hearts. That is the beat of our country. What we immitate in our hearts to be can only come from one source. LOVE. And who is love, kindness, generous, honest, humble, truth, respectful, teacher and most of all takes you unconditionally? Just like our parents on where they got their inspiration from. GOD. Following our parents teaching is following their values from HIM. So where did we go wrong? The answer is right in our faces. I will continue with my ways of my parents. Will you honor them too? ~ Maria

2 comments:

  1. Well said! What comes to mind is that not all parents have the tools, or Faith enough, for a proper upbringing. However, as long as there are good people around, who share the right values, not all hope is lost!
    Great post, thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tk, thank you! Sorry so long to reply...my time has been spent away from writing these days, will pick up again! God Bless!

      Delete