Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Blessings or Answered Prayers?






        I ran into a gentleman at church that I hadn't seen in 12 years. Upon recollecting everything about this man, brought tears to my eyes for the second time. Because I never really got to thank him fully. His name is Don. When I first moved to Boise I was without a lot of things trying to get by as a single mother. We met in church, then gained him as a customer at the hair salon. On our last encounter during our first Christmas in Boise, he had asked if I had gone Christmas shopping for the kids yet. I said not yet, I may have to do it at the last minute to see how much money I can save up if all goes well. With a smile, I shrugged and prayed inside my head that I hope to God I can give my kids a good Christmas. After more idle chit chat, I finished his haircut and he paid.
        He came back within 3 minutes and I was hoping I hadn't done anything wrong with his haircut, so I approached him at the front desk. It was then he took out his check book and wrote out a $200 check in my name and handed it to me. He said, "don't thank me, it wasn't my idea, Merry Christmas..." I was dumbfounded and started to cry and then he was gone..... I never saw him again until recently. It was my first of many blessings or shall I say an answered prayer? I hugged Don and looked at him and made sure he heard my thanks. Until this day, it was something I had never ever forgotten as well as the smiles on Christmas Eve when the kids opened their presents. 
          To be honest, God had heard my prayer and at that moment and so whispered in Don's ear that made him come back and hand me Christmas money. I know that's what happened and I'm sticking to it. God does answer prayers, you just never know how, when or from whom it will be delivered. He is amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment